Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Healthy Oatmeal with Walnuts, Raisins and Cranberries Cookies !

Hello peeps !
I'm having my second semester break now, that's why I'm back (at least for now).

I woke up this morning and I just randomly had this "baking mood".
So, I'd decided to baked some healthy oatmeal cookies for my loved ones !

I got this recipe from one of my athletics team mates, Cece, who is just as health-fanatic as I am. ;)
She's an amazing baker, and not to mention, runner !

That would be all for my introduction for today. :P
Coming back to our cookies.

1. Prepare the following ingredients:

1/2 cup Butter, softened (Not melted ! You will get a different texture if you do so)
1/2 cup Brown sugar (I'm not a fan of sweets, so I put about 1/3)
1 Large egg
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla essence
3/4 cup Wholemeal flour
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Salt (1/4 if you are using salted butter)
1 1/2 cup Rolled oats
1/2 cup Raisins and/or Cranberries
1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped



2. In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla essence until smooth.


This might take some time, but it's worth waiting !

3. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.


4. Stir dry mixture from Step 3 into the butter-egg mixture in Step 2.


5. Add rolled oats, raisins and/or cranberries and walnuts into the bowl.
Final cookie dough will look something like this !
We're almost there !!

6. Scoop the cookie dough onto a baking tray. 
There's no rule that says what size the cookies should be or should not be, 
so, make as small or as big as you wish !

7. Put the tray (with uncooked cookies) into the freezer to chill it for a while.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 155°C.

8. When oven is preheated, remove tray from freezer and put it inside the preheated oven.
Bake it for 20-25 minutes. 
Time required may vary slightly according to many factors, such as cookie size and oven type, 
So, just bake until cookie turns brown. :)

... 20 minutes later,
 and our cookies are done! 
 

Feeling hungry already?
Get into the kitchen and start baking !

Byeeee. Imma go eat my cookieeez.
Tuzki Bunny Emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment